Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feeling so blessed!!!

Well, I am feeling incredibly blessed today!  I checked my email today and saw that I had won over at Hero Arts and I was BLOWN AWAY!!!  Thank you ladies--I was really nervous about entering my card and you've made my summer by choosing it as your Fresh Face Favorite! :)

And for some reason, the picture of my card 
looks better on their blog than on mine...
(I'm thinking it's the words at the bottom!!!)~
7522424992_f05af0ec78

Thank you for indulging me in a bit of a celebration--I hope you don't think I'm full of myself!!!  And now onto other matters of business!  I was having a serious lag in my mojo, but then I decided that I needed to do a digi card...and make it an easel.  It's my new "thing" and I've been having so much fun learning how to do both of these things better!

Here's the card~

Details~






For these fabulous challenges~

 


(I've used clear crackle accents and clear glass gems!)

This is kind of like another card that I made this past week, but I wanted to make it into an easel card!  That way, I got to create a sea floor!!! :)  To create my card front, I colored in my digi fish (found HERE and then added in Photoshop), sponged in some "water, stamped around the edges, added the crackle accents, a sentiment, and some purple glitter glue, and then lastly for good measure I added 3 purple rhinestones.  And then I tied it up...FUN!  I layered it onto two other colors of paper then added it to my easel.  To create the "sea floor," I made a strip of purple paper and scalloped the two edges, added some green and coral pieces of paper, then layered on punched out leaves and some clear glass gems and more purple rhinestones! 

Please forgive my awful grammar and run on sentences.  I hope you like my card--I had fun making it!!!  Thanks for popping over and saying hi, I'll see you and your creations soon!!!  Happy stamping! ;D

12 comments:

Katy said...

Congratulations on the Hero Arts! That is awesome!! :) Love your digi card too! You are a Master with the dimensional glue! :)

Lisa Elton said...

BIG congrats Mynnette and well done on this card! I remember it and it is a BEAUTY! Love this new one too with those fun GLOSSY fish!

Tonya said...

Congratulations! Beautiful cards. I love those fish!

Victoria said...

Congratulations on the win! Well deserved! Love this new take on the underwater card!

Tara Cardwell said...

Celebrate away - with a win like that you've every right to show off a little. Well done - I'm really please for you :-D
Love the fish too.
Tara

Vicky Hayes said...

These are lovely! You really are a very talented lady Mynnette and I am delighted to join you in a bit of celebration - congratulations! Vicky x

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations on your win Mynnette - Jacqueline xx

wilwarine said...

congratulations ! It's deserved, your card is great. The one with fish is nice too, they really seem wet.

Karen Petitt said...

Congratulations Mynnette - both of your cards are beautiful! Winning at Hero Arts is a big deal for all stampers! Love those little fish too hugs Karen x

Danielle Vincent said...

I'm not surprised that you won at Hero Arts at all - it is a fantastic card!! Congratulations to you my dear.

Shannon White said...

Such Beautiful cards! Congrats on your Hero Arts win! Such pretty details! Love the use of clear crackle and gloss gems on your second one! So glad you could join us at Tuesday Throwdown! 8-)

nwilliams6 said...

The details on the fish are awesome. You do wonderful work! Thanks for joining us at CYDI?!