Thursday, July 12, 2012

Two different card styles...

I've got two cards to share with you tonight.  It's been a crazy day and I am so tired...so I'm keeping it quick!

First card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~


(I used pearls, flowers, stamp)
SSBingo


I started by drenching a doily with my blue homemade glimmer mist and adding it to some patterned paper with ribbon on top.  I layered a sentiment from wonderful Jane Austen (one of my favorite authors!) with some punches flowers and leaves then added bling!  The pictures are not as good as IRL--the "black" is really navy blue paper...let's get on with this...

Second card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~


(used some of my rhinestone stash and die cuts I forgot I had)

(used my rhinestone stash & the cloud dies I forgot I had)


I've had this Dienamics cloud die set for about 2 months and haven't used it until now!  WHY?!  I have not clue.  I added a PTI sentiment that I haven't used yet and some other punches with a few rhinestones to create this fun sky scene.

Thanks for stopping by--hope you like what you see and join in these fabulous challenges!  Happy stamping! :)

23 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Mynnette - beautiful blue card with a great saying... and I just love the card with the clouds!

Vicky Hayes said...

These are both gorgeous in completely different ways Mynnette - I love the romance of the first with those beautifully sprinkled gems and I love the clean-ness of the second with the mix of negative and positive die cut clouds! Vicky x

Jacqueline said...

two beautiful card Mynnette - thanks for joining in our challenge this week at ATS - Jacqueline xx

Kylie said...

Ohhh, Mynette, so elegant and classy. The blues you have used are amazing. I also love the doily. Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

Victoria said...

Beautiful cards, Mynnette. I absolutely love the Austen feel of the first one.... the flowers, the gems, the quotation... stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps this week :)

Ardyth said...

Oh, I love your sunny card with the bling and the cut out hearts - so fun and CAS! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

both cards are beautiful, mynnette! love your interpretation of the cue word... thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

How fun is this card Mynette? Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Laura W said...

Fun card! Thanks for playing along at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog!

Jean said...

They are both beautiful cards ~ love all of the embellishments on the first one and the CAS die cutting on the second!

Dena J said...

I came by to see your sun and cloud card - which is delightful! Love how some are cut out and others popped. The blue card is totally lush and embellished. Beautiful. Fun to use such different styles.

Michelle said...

Love both cards, but your well wishes card puts a smile on my face!

Unknown said...

What lovely cards Mynette - your take on the CAS Sun challenge is brilliant but I especially love your blue card. Thanks so much for joining us at ATS this week.

Karen x

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards! One simply elegant and the other delightfully adorable!!

Melissa said...

What a fun sun & cloud card! Love the polka dot BG, the negative die cut clouds and the simple bling you added! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology!! :)

Jen W. said...

Love the layered clouds and the sweet gems! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Once again Mynnette you have totally blown me away with your fabulous work, love your gorgeous cards incredible work as always and so much detail. Thank you for sharing with us once again on ATS and the best of luck.

Marie

dstandard said...

Both your cards are fabulous - Thanks for playing this week at FYI!

Deanna said...

Both of your cards are just stunning:)

Canonbury creations said...

Fab cards Mynnette love the envelope effect with the doily and your idea with the cloud die is brilliant! Thanks for playing along at ATS this week!
Val x

Debby said...

Two great cards. I love the use of negative die cutting in the second card.Thanks for joining us at FYI this week :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous work, Mynnette! I love how you've used those clouds on your second card! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

rudlis said...

OMG this is so beautiful. Simple yet elegant, I love it! Thanks for joining in at FYI! Hope to see you again.