Monday, July 30, 2012

Less is More: Sketch Take 1

Firstly, I'd like to apologize ahead of time.  I shall be MIA for a bit as I've got a family wedding to attend and so I will be leaving my craft area (MINI PANIC ATTACK) and my sweet puppy (GIANT PANIC ATTACK) who has  never been away from us since we got her 2 years ago and be gone for a while.  I'm trying to be happy about it, I'll get to see family I haven't seen in years, but I will so miss all of you and your fabulous creations!  I've already had to spend less time than I'd like with you all, as I've been trying to step it down a bit so it's not huge withdraw when it happens.  So, please know that I am not purposefully ignoring any of you and will try to get back into the swing of things...

Secondly, I've made two cards with this week's Less is More sketch, but I'm partial to one of them and so am saving it for it's very own post! ;)  This post is to showcase the first card that I made with this sketch.

Here's the card~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~


(I've used floral, dry embossing, favorite color--I ADORE yellow tulips!)


I was able to use a new wood grain dry embossing folder from Crop Stop winnings. :)  I also used a stamp set that I purchased a few months ago and still had yet to use, so I also got that out.  Stamp, emboss, add, sparkle, and, voila! ;)

I have another bunch of cards made with my Fiskars Fresh Fruits set as well, but those will have to wait a bit.  I'm short on time and have to share something with you when I'm away from home1 ;)  Happy stamping--come back soon for my other LIM card!!!

13 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh no, so much to panic about... but at least you will savour it all the more when you return. I hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding. I really like the woodgrain effect with the stamping on your card.

Katy said...

This card is so pretty! That would grain is so cool! And your yellow tulips are awesome! :) Have fun at the wedding!

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Mynnette...what delicate colours.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
“Less is More”

Unknown said...

Another beautiful card again.I love the colors , the stamps you've used and everything about it.
Hugs,
Aida

Zippy said...

Fab card and love the embossing xxx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card! I love the subtle colours on this one. The yellow flowers and the butterfly really stand out against the soft backgraound colours.
Hugs

Unknown said...

What an elegant card! I love how you embossed the entire panel! Gorgeous. Glad you joined us at the Paper Players!

Mandi said...

Just lovely Mynette
Pretty card
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lynn said...

Hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding! Your card is lovely. Love all the texture! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful use of texture on your card! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

LeAnne said...

Oh my, I thought I had already commented on this before, it was so pretty! BUT I DIDN'T!!! Gorgeous creation! SO glad you played again!

jaydee said...

Such a pretty color scheme and the stamping on the embossed layer really is gorgeous. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and have a wonderful time at the wedding.
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness Mynette, this is gorgeous! I love the soft color comb and that embossed background really adds so much detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Have a fun time visiting your family!