Monday, July 30, 2012

LIM Sketch: Take 2--Tres Inky!

Yep.  I got inky!  I've been having lots of fun playing around with ink, and so, as I wasn't too happy with my Take 1, I decided to play with the sketch again, this time turning it and using a bit more of an artsy technique.

Here's the card~

Details~


For these fabulous challenges~


(Thanks for this one--I used a sentiment I've never used before!)

(Water coloring and spritzing is soooo much fun!)


This one was so much fun!  I stamped my silhouette floral image and then water colored my inks over the top.  I then sprayed some of my homemade glimmer mist (made with metallic paints and water) just a bit and dried the panel most of the way.  After doing this, I ran it through a dry embossing folder to add some more interest.  A few rhinestones as well for a bit of pizazz.  Layered it onto the card and then added my pennant sentiment and there you have it! :)  Can you see the bird?  I hope so--it looks so pretty in real life!

Okay, let's take a look at another fruit card, shall we?  Made with the same Fiskars stamp set called Fresh Fruit, this is another super fun and CAS card. :)

Here it is~

Details~


For these fabulous challenges~

(I hope this is cute enough...I rather think
the sentiment is darling!)

(I've been really into CAS and am trying
to perfect my technique as well as working
on paper masking technique)

 http://api.ning.com/files/0mmOIe2QTdp3Aeva1finY4NlLTc*ujGm0akIADa1cqiRqXfV*F9H2FzmFJ7zmAcamXDu9LMxSkgo1cNP*wFjbSmi8uXaAX14/DaisyCakes605.png

 So much fun using these bananas!!!  Instead of glossy accents, as I don't really perceive bananas as "juicy", I used some glitter!  And of course, a few rhinestones!  I've made another banana card as well, going the other way, but you'll have to wait to see it. ;) 

Thanks for stopping by--hope you can come and play along at these fun challenges!  Happy stamping! :)

32 comments:

Sonia said...

Both card are amazing:) the first is very elegant and I like the soft time colors:) the second is happy and I like flotterà:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Deanna said...

Hi Mynnette,
I love both cards and how you mixed up the design~clever:) The first on is very elegant. I really love the 2nd one the colors are beautiful and I love the design. Thanks for visiting me~hugs Deanna

Tonya said...

Great cards. I love the first one. It is so beautiful.

Netty said...

Loving both your gorgeous cards, x

Carol Cel said...

love the turquoise card!

Dan said...

Fun cards, both so stylish! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Brenda said...

Mynnette, your cards are beautiful. I love the soft colors and the embossing on your first card...and yes, I can see the very lovely bird.

Chrissie said...

What a lovely background Mynnette... the colours and texture are beautiful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
“Less is More”

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a gorgeous and interesting technique on the first card. It's really beautiful! And the second card is an absolutely perfect CAS creation. Love them both.

Julia S-W said...

Finally got here - wasn't sure which blog was yours to be honest!! I felt that as you've been visiting me once a week this month via MMM, I would come over to you and see what you get up to in your own time! Love that you're enjoying getting inky (my fingers seem to be permanently stained these days!) and your first card is very pretty.
I'm joining as a follower too just so I can find you again and visit from time to time!
Juliax

brenda said...

Good morning Mynette,

To really lovely cards, the inking and embossing on the first one is very eye-catching and this year elegant of the second wonderful CAS example

Thanks so much the sharing your lovely work with us Stampalot challenges month.

B x

Suzi B said...

Both card sare fabulous card Mynnette but I particularly like the first one, great background
suzi b xx

Dortesjs said...

beautiful and very pretty card

Kathyk said...

Super duper cards from you for this sketch - the clean and simple lines of the sketch seem to have inspired so many of us to enter more than one card

Kathyk

Melissa S. said...

What a great Clean & Simple card. Love the subtle colors of the background and the glitter on the bannanas is great. Thanks for playing along this week at Bugaboo.

Becky said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colors and technique on the first one and that second one, loving the sentiment :).

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous cards. But I really love the first one - fab technique and it looks stunning! hugs Karen x

Lisa Elton said...

These are both great creations Mynnette. Love the peaceful feel to your first card and that you rotated the sketch. And those bananas are just too cute!!

Tracey said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love the glitter you added to the bananas; they really stand out. The first card is my fave though. I love the colour blend and the black just pops! This card is very elegant.
Hugs

pinky said...

They are both so gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Canonbury creations said...

absolutely love your take on the LIM challenge Mynnette it's beautiful!
Val x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous card with great details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Anonymous said...

Both are fabulous ! Just love your beautiful style always a pleasure to visit you !

Marie

Min said...

The Bananas card is just FABULOUS!! =)

Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Color Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again Saturday for a fantastic new challenge.
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Zippy said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Xxx

Mandi said...

Love this one Mynette
So striking
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Yvonne Garner said...

Great cards Mynette! The first one is so pretty and the second is so colorful. Hope all is well. Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne

Olivia said...

Both cards are so pretty. I especially love that crackle effect on the first card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Ellie Knol said...

You've created such beautiful cards! Especially the first one!! These colors are gorgeous!!!!
xxx Ellie xxx

ps thanks for joining us at FSC!

Jen Leeflang said...

Gorgeous card!!!!
Thanks for joining us for the colour challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog this week. Good luck in the draw, and plese join us again next week!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Paul said...

I love the bananas and they make for such a sipmle yet effective card. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for the Catch The Bug Daisy Cakes Colour Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps. I hope you enjoyed it enough to join us again for our next challenge.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

K Clark said...

love the sentiment and yes... it is super cute!!
thanks for joining us at Pile it on! good luck in the draw and hope to see you for this weeks challenge :)
Kimberly