Friday, July 6, 2012

Another first...

Yes.  It's a week of firsts for me here!!!  This post is all about the first center step card I've ever made!  Yep.  I did it.  I am slowly but surely getting out of my comfort zone and learning all sorts of new and fabulous folds!  Speaking of fabulous folds, I hope you'll come and play along with me this month at Technique Tuesday for my Cascading Card challenge!!! :)  But I digress...

Here's the card I have to show you~

Details~






For these fabulous challenges~

(Find my free digi here)


(I hope my door counts!)

I used a free digi holiday door from Birds Cards, colored it with SU! markers, crumpled the paper, sprayed it with glimmer mist, dried with a heat gun, added some red glitter glue, and added it to my card base.  Wow, that was a long sentence!  Sorry about that...if you have any other questions about this card, please email me!!!  I also used a digi sentiment that I made especially for this card!  I shall give it away for free to you!  I hope you like it!

Here it is~
Thanks for stopping by--I hope you come and play along with us at these fabulous challenges!  Merry stamping, friends! :)

10 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Love this! Love the fold and all the details that you did to the free image! Thanks for joining us again at Digi Haven!
~Sandy
sandy's crafty creations

Lisa Elton said...

Wow you've been a busy girl Mynnette...another pretty sparkly card!

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Hi Mynnette, another lovely card. It's always fun to try something new, outside of our comfort zones. This card came out wonderful! Thanks for playing with us again at Digi Haven, good luck in the challenge! ♥ Denise www.DigiHaven.Blogspot.com

Dana said...

I like your centerfold card. It's good to get out of your comfort zone and try new folds lol. However, I always find that I go back to "ol' reliable". lol
Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

Jeannie said...

This one is an absolutely stunner! Love the beautiful colors and the big rhinestone centers on the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Christmas in July at Digi Haven.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Tammy L said...

Lovely card. I really like the color scheme and your little flowers with the bling.
tammy dh dt

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow - you are just full of great ideas and inspiration lately. Sooo proud of you! I haven't made a step card either so now I have on my personal challenge list to make a step card and an easel card (thanks to you :o)).

Cynthia said...

This is a lovely easel card, Mynnette! Thanks for playing along with this week's CYDI challenge.

Lelia Pierce said...

Just gorgeous! I love the gold shimmer! Thanks for playing along with us at the CYDI? challenge.

XXX

Karen said...

Lovely card and great job for getting out there and learning new things. Love the colors ion this card. TFS at Digi Haven.