Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Try, try again...

Yep.  I don't usually give up.  Much to my DH's dismay at times...but he's so supportive and I appreciate that in him!!! :)  So, if you read my last post about my EPIC FAIL, you'll know that I've been trying to redeem myself.  And so, I've got one more CAS card to show you tonight before I leave you all alone!

Here it is~

Details~



For these fabulous challenges~


 


This is my absolute favorite card that I made today.  The colors are so fun and summery, I used the lace border in a bit more of an appropriate way than the other card, and the bling...it's glorious!  I know lots of people don't think bling has a lot of place on CAS creations, but I beg to differ.  I LOVE IT!!!  And if you want to see some other amazing CAS cards with bunches of bling, pop on over HERE to Susan's blog and see some amazing entries from last week's OLW challenge! :)

A few thoughts on this sentiment--I used it a long while back (HERE) when I was going through a rough time.  As I continue to try and do better each and every day at living the life that God would have me lead, I find inspiration everywhere!  I have taken this sentiment to heart and have also started looking outside of myself for inspirational places that I wouldn't normally go.  And it's been fabulous!  True happiness comes from living a Christ-centered life, and this quote by a non-Christian man (who is still my brother) has helped me to see that even more.  I am so grateful that we live in a world where sharing our inspiration is so easy to do because of technology! 

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my card--I hope you like it! I'll see ya soon, and don't forget to have fun while creating out there!  Happy stamping!!!

15 comments:

Victoria said...

This is my favourite of your cards too! Beautiful stamping, inspirational quote, lovely touches of bling and perfect balance of design. I'm off to bed now so this has been a great card to end my evening on! God bless you!

Joyce said...

Very happy card. I really like all the bling--you have the perfect amount.

Karen Letchworth said...

Very nice job, Mynnette. You always bless us with your entries each week. Thanks so much!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful layout for these glittery blossoms and gems!! What a wonderfully inspired creation, Mynnette!

Danielle Vincent said...

Wonderful card Mynnette - I trashed 3 cards this week myself as I was teaching myself a new skill and style. Thanks for sharing you beautiful success with us as well as what you call your EPIC failure. Hugs!!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mynnette. Lovely to meet you. Thank you for your visit. Both cards are so lovely. I think we all have days when things go wrong. You will laugh. I have been trying to leave a comment and I kept looking at the top of the screen and it says On a Stampage... try again. So I kept clicking off and trying again!! lol!
Regards Florence x

Rosemary said...

absolutely beautiful card, mynnette! i love the stamp set you used! thanks for playing along with CASology (and i did check out your "epic failutre" and i'm not sure what is so bad about it!)

Jan (Precious Kitty) said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my cards --- as I look at yours, I am amazed at how beautiful they are! Love the gems and the flowers put together.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous use of the lace border here! Thanks for playing along again at CASology!

Canonbury creations said...

Love this one Mynnette, great balance and I love the bling:)
Val x

Patty Gorka said...

Simply gorgeous! I haven’t used this stamp set in such a long time, after seeing your card I need to get it out and dust it off!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty....love the soft colours...

Unknown said...

PRETTY = HAPPY........ gorgeous card and was obviously 3rd time lucky. This is so pretty and I'm glad you could go to bed having adhered to the sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us over at ATS.

Karen x

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful blingy card Mynnette! I agree...God wants us to live in TRUTH~we are not free until we do! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work at Word Art Wednesday. ;)