Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wow...I need to control myself...

I just spent way too much time on the JoAnns site making a wishlist.  I have zero money this summer since I'm not working, and it made me want to take out a small loan to pay for it all.  But I didn't.  And that is really good!  Because we're trying to get OUT of debt--and we're almost there!  But I digress...

I've got a card to show you...YES.  It's another easel card!  I'm hoping my obsession with them calms down a bit as I'm sure you're sick of them by now!  I want to try some shaped ones before I'm totally done, so PLEASE don't unfollow me because all I do is easels right now! ;D

Here's the card for today~

Details~










For these fabulous challenges~

(My main image has Asian lettering and a zen feel--is that Oriental?)


Since I've been really bad about telling you how I made my card, I thought I'd tell you a bit about this one.  I'm going to mainly focus on the spritzing, spraying, and stenciling. 

You can barely see it, but I used a Spellbinders stencil to stencil my large yellow and smaller cream panels.  I tried to spray, but my papers kept getting too saturated and you couldn't see the floral design SO I came up with a solution.  For my brown shimmery panel, I spritzed and sprayed the stencil THEN placed it on the paper.  I inked up a sponge with red ink and smeared it around the paper--the shimmer from the stencil transferred to the paper and it looks so fabulous!  It looks better than I thought it would--you can actually see the red ink on the brown paper!!!  The larger cream panel was stenciled and then collage and generational stamped to create a scene. I sponged all lighter paper edges with brown for a distressed feel, stamped over my main image to further the scene behind it, and added a bit of clear Spica pen to the sentiment.

After that, I just put my panels together, layered them, added my image panel, added some bling, decided on some butterflies, and voila!  Okay, I made it sound easier than it was--I really took my time with this one as I wanted it to be really nice so I could display it in my living room with THIS JAR that I made last year--I think they go really well together!  I need to use some more of my glass items this summer...but I digress again!

Thanks so much for stopping by--I hope that all of my friends in the USA had a happy and safe 4th of July and I hope that everyone else is having a fabulous week!  Happy stamping--can't wait to see what YOU'VE made today!!! :)

18 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

This is so lovely - amazing details all over the place!

Fliss said...

All I can say here is WOW Mynnette! A totally amazing and gorgeous card and I think your best yet.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Becky said...

Well you do such fabulous easel cards, why stop :). I know what you mean about spending. I have cut my spending on craft by 95 percent. My goal for this year is not to buy anything and use up what I have.

Lisa Elton said...

Wow girl that's a lot of eye candy! SO many pretty layers and details. My favorite part is your "peace" sentiment panel with the soft flowers and sparkly gems!

Dawn Tidd said...

Wonderful card! I love the butterflies and your paper choices they're so pretty. I haven't tried an easel card yet but it's on my "to do" list. I'll look here for inspiration when I get ready. Thanks for joining us at the PALS this week!

Terry said...

Well I just became a follower as I love your easal card! This is one pretty card and design! Love the shimmer and all those butterflies. Hard to resist a good JoAnn's sale! Hope you had a great 4th! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Marijke said...

beautiful card

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, this is an amazing and gorgeous card, and your photos are awesome, too!

Danielle Vincent said...

Wonderful layered butterflies! I'm not tired of the easel cards yet - the more I see them the more I think I need to give it a try. Thanks for the tutorial on this card - its fabulous!

Netty said...

Smashing easel card Mynette, hugs Annette x

Shirl said...

Who doesn't like easel cards Mynnette and this is a stunner.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Terry said...

It is absolutely stunning, loving the colors that you have used, the butterflies are fabulously embossed and the background is just wonderfull. Thank you for sharing your fabulous piece with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and SHow. Hugs Terry xxxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just wonderful and amazing. Great card. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Kristen said...

cool layered look, seems tedious while doing it but such a great effect when done! :)

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

Kate Yetter said...

Very pretty easel card! Love the colors.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gorgeous easel card! I absolutely love your layers stamping and yes, it's got a super Zen feel to it ;)). Thank you so much for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges with this fantastic project!

Best wishes, Asia x
Ps. I have a great Mystery Summer Treat Candy on my blog :))

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Mynnette! What an absolutely stunning card! Good for you being able to resist buying more craft items. It sure is hard to resist new goodies, but we all really have so much to work with! Thanks for joining us at FSC this week. Best wishes, Yvonne

anna christensen crafts said...

what a stunning card - so clever, I love it and I know exactly what you mean about NOT spending money on supplies. I'm loving actually using up what I own already xx